Sunday, July 26, 2009

A weekend of Fun….

Friday Marked Owen turning seven months old. It’s so hard to believe how fast this time has gone by. Friday was also Eric’s last day at United Way. It’s kinda a bitter-sweet moment for us. It has been a great job and a wonderful experience for Eric and our family to have him work there, but this new job will allow us to have me stay home…an opprotuity that I am thankful to have. While it will be hard for me to give up the professional aspect of my current life, I look forward to the little things that I will experience with Owen and Eric every day. I plan on finding volunteer work and possibly some sort of part time job, but that will be down the line a little.

This weekend our good friend Sarah’s wedding. Grandma Elaine and Grandpa John came up to spend the day with Owen so Eric and I could enjoy the ceremony and evening. They had a great afternoon and evening hanging out with Owen. It was such a blessing to have them come up to watch Owen.

Today we spent the afternoon doing some running, went to eat, and Owen and I took a nap. Owen ate his first “restaurant food” today. He had a baked sweet potato from Texas Roadhouse. I don’t think he enjoyed it as the ice cream he had the night before with grandma and grandpa :)

This afternoon was finally warm enough for Owen to play in his pool! And here are some photos...

He really seemed to love this silly snail. He crawled in circles around the pool to catch it, unknown to him every time he moved the snail was pushed further and furhter away...but eventually he caught it.
Owen also really liked the pool because he was really close to the grass...he kept trying to grab it.
Here he is crawling in the pool...well kinda a belly flop at this point.
Yup...he found the snail again!

Owen also figured out that he could stand up and then sit down really fast and make a big splash.
Owen has also been trying really hard to get under the coffee table in our living room. Well, tonight he was successful. I figured he would crawl up onto it, but instead he decided that he should just wiggle in and sit under it. He seemed so proud of himself!

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Those are great pictures of him in the pool! I can't wait to see you guys again!

    (PS - we are getting a new van, so hopefully we can go camping!!!)

    Chelle

    ReplyDelete